Thursday 13 November 2008

Genuinely, what the hell am i doing?

I'm not referring to climbing Everest to play cricket, I mean this blog thing - seriously I have no idea. It's not that i am completetly IT illiterate, I can switch them on, send and receive emails, do internet research (!), and even facebook - so why is this so difficult? Or is it just me?

And, added to all of this, I am actually not that funny either, so dont expect a lively read!

So, what to write? Aside from reporting on all that is Everest, there are so many things going on with the expedition, from training, fitness and social events, cricket nets, but more importantly, getting partnerships and sponsorship for the expedition. The aim is to raise upwards of £250 000 for Sport Relief and the Himalayan trust - to do this we need some serious imput from some corporate heavyweights. Qatar have been fantastic and donated the flights for all 46 of us. This alone is worth about £30k. On top of this, there are so many other prospects bubbling away, we just need the commitment. Closing the deal is essential.

So when I think of something decent to write I'll be back. I'm off to the gym, and then after that who knows, the to-do list is getting longer and longer.

No comments: