Thursday 15 January 2009

OK, so I've given myself 10 minutes to update the blog and to let you all know whats going on. My readership is down on numbers, but no doubt this will pick up!

Christmas has come and gone, the highlight being my Dad's Christmes present to my 6 month old nephew Ollie. A wooden spoon and a cake tin. Absolute genius, and further proof that the simplest of things can create a huge amount of enjoyment. Please take a minute out of your day to view the video, I absolutely guaruntee it will make you chuckle, especially the last few seconds where it all falls apart. Either that or he is going for the Rock and Roll finish and destroying everything in his path!

I spent a week in Morzine snowboarding, otherwise know as 'Altitude Training', which put huge demand on my body, liver and wallet. There were some memorable moments, not least a certain dance involving some toilet paper (about 34 inches long), a lighter, and half a pint of gin. It was at this particular moment that Guy fell off the sofa and broke his leg in 2 places. Not funny, especially when we sent him to bed, telling him to "Stop Whingeing" and "you've only sprained it". It wasn't until the next morning when he was in absolute agony, and upon arrival at the medical centre in Morzine, he threw up and promptly passed out.

The rest of us had a fantastic time. the sun was out, the snow was awesome, and the rose wine (hello sailor) was in full flow. Only real men can drink Rose wine. The same can be said for the shirt levetating Irish Coffee, which goes in the same ambiguous category.

Upon return, I had alcohol poisoning for about 3 days, which I beleive is proportional to our 7 day bender (bender having nothing to do with shirt lifting).

Since then, the training has been ramped up, and with about 100 days to go til the game there is still plenty to do. More shuttles to complete, miles to be run, weights to be lifted and that sick feeling i get when I train too hard. As Iwan Thomas (400m athlete) said " its only a good training session if you manage to make yourself sick".

Kit supplies have been sorted with MKK coming up trumps with the Teamwear. It looks awesome and a huge thank you should go to James and Roger for their generous support. NorthFace have also agreed to supply us with the expedition wear.

The press launch is due on january 27th, at which point I hope that you will see the Expedition and in I, in every publication you can lay your hands on.

Watch this space.

1 comment:

Curry said...

80 days from today buddy - get making yourself sick!

Incidentally, our photographer George spends a ton of time in Morzine and I believe runs a company down there.