Sunday 18 January 2009

So I got my training schedule today from a 'mate' of mine. Initially the thought of it fills me with trepidation, hate (for my mate), and the thought of the countless hours in the gym, on the road, and everything else besides.

And then I think about it a little bit more. This expedition, indirectly, will allow me to be the fittest I will ever be upon departure for this expedition. I will be doing sessions that I never thought were possible. I will push myself harder than ever before. And you know what? It will be easy. Because the motivation is there, and the will to succeed is there. And my mate, well he's the same one who said to me many years ago "Your best friends are the ones that tell you the things that you dont always want to hear."

This one's for you. . . . mate.

No comments: